The Reserve Collection is housed behind the Learning Commons Service Desk and is administered by the
Library Circulation Supervisor, Deanna Wilde. Its purpose is to provide access to personal copies and library
materials that are either in heavy demand or are supplemental resources for specific courses.
To facilitate processing your requests, we ask that you do the following:
1. Complete a Materials Reserve List for each course, clearly indicating the course name & number. The form is available below for download, or you may complete the form online;
2. Collect the items to be placed on Reserve and bring them to the Learning Commons Service Desk;
3. Please make sure the bibliographic information listed in your syllabus correctly identifies the items
you have placed on Reserve. This enables your students and our staff to identify the material you
have placed on Reserve for your class;
4. Instructors are responsible for ensuring that copyright laws have been observed. We will be happy to
provide assistance in securing appropriate permission if it is needed;
5. Please allow at least two (2) working days for requested items to be processed and placed on Reserves
before you refer your students to the Service Desk. Additional processing time may be needed at the beginning of the semester;
6. Be sure to indicate how long the items are to be on Reserve. Please pick up your personal copies at the
end of the designated time period;
7) Items may not be placed on permanent reserve; and,
8) Entire issues of library-owned journals or reference books are not placed on reserve. These materials are non-circulating so they are always available to all users.
NOTE: For individual articles consult your liaison librarian for more information or assistance on the
best way to make them available through the course management system.