Select the citation style for your entire library by clicking on the "Actions" gear button then "Preferences," and select the "Cite" tab. Next, click on the "Styles" tab.
1. Click on the "Get additional styles" link underneath the listing of currently installed citation styles
2. Search for the citation style you need in the Zotero Style Repository
3. Click on the style name to download the citation style as a csl file, then open the file to automatically install it in your Zotero library
To use any newly added citation styles in your word processor, click on the "Zotero Refresh" button to update the list of availble citation styles.
Zotero offers a citation plugin to help streamline your writing process by providing you with a button installed in your word processor that seamlessly integrates resources from your Zotero library into your paper.
Zotero Standalone users:
1. Click on the "Actions" gear button then "Preferences," and select the "Cite" tab
2. Select "Install [word processor] Add-in"
Zotero for Firefox Users:
1. Click on the "Installing Word Processor Plugins for Zotero 3.0-4.0 for Firefox" link below
2. On this Zotero page, follow the instructions for downloading the plugin that works for your word processor
To use the Zotero plugin in your word processor, Zotero Standalone or Zotero for Firefox must be running on your computer.
1. Locate the added Zotero toolbar in your word processor
2. Click on the "Insert Citation" button in the left side of ther Zotero toolbar
3. Search for the source you would like to use by title or author, and click on the correct citation
You can change the citation style for all your citations by clicking on the "Set Document Preferences" gear icon, and selecting the style you need. If the style you need is not listed in this menu, follow the instructions in the "Choosing a Citation Style" box above.
Create your bibliography at any time by clicking on the "Insert Bibliography" list button in the center of the Zotero toolbar
If a citation plug-in is not available for your word processor, Zotero platforms have a simple process to quickly add a citation into your paper.
1. Check to make sure the citation style is correct, by following the instructions in the "Choosing a Citation Style" box to the right
2. Select the source you want to cite and click on "Edit" then "Copy Citation"
3. Paste the citation into your paper