Place a Hold On a Riley Library Item
There may be times when an item you wish to borrow is currently checked out to another patron. You may place a hold on this item and your request will be queued. You will then receive an email to let you know when the item has been returned and is available for you to borrow. You may also place a hold on a library item that is available (i.e., not loaned out) to reserve it until you can come in and pick it up.
- To locate a library material, click FIND BOOKS, VIDEOS, MUSIC on the library website
- Enter your search terms in the search box, then click the SEARCH button
- Locate the title of the item you wish to borrow in the search results, then click on the REQUEST button under the item's cover image
- Provide your username AND password (ignore the line that says "password is optional...") then click the LOGIN button
- Verify your request details, then click the SUBMIT REQUEST button
- # copy - the number of copies you wish to reserve if Riley Library owns more than one copy
- Notice options - how you want to be notified when the item becomes available
- Provide an email address or phone number (this may be pre-filled from your account information)
- Expiry date - your hold request will end on this date
- Click the CLOSE button to exit the request confirmation popup window.
- Your hold request will be processed by library staff and you will be notified when the item is available for pick up